BREAKING: Kansas state Republican switches party affiliation to Democrat
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Kansas state senator is switching her party affiliation from Republican to Democrat.
State Sen. Barbara Bollier, who represents Mission Hills in the Kansas City metropolitan area, stated on Wednesday that she no longer sides with the Republican Party’s values, according to reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Morally, the party is not going where my compass resides,” Bollier said, according to The Shawnee Mission Post. “I’m looking forward to being in a party that represents the ideals that I do, including Medicaid expansion and funding our K-12 schools.”
Bollier noted that she had been a registered Republican for more than 40 years.
— Shawnee Mission Post (@shawmissionpost) December 12, 2018
Sen. Bollier has been a longtime friend and ally in the Senate. I applaud her courage. She has always demonstrated a commitment to working across the aisle and standing up for Kansas families. I look forward to working with her as we rebuild our state!https://t.co/27rkFARkB5
— Laura Kelly (@LauraKellyKS) December 12, 2018
— Caroline Sweeney (@CarolineKCTV5) December 12, 2018
Kansas Sen. Barbara Bollier, at odds with GOP over Trump, LGBT issues, turns Democrat https://t.co/SM7jCLTDZx
— The Kansas City Star (@KCStar) December 12, 2018
Gov-elect @LauraKellyKS praises Sen Barbara Bollier for switching parties, becoming Democrat today. GOP censured Bollier and stripped her of the vice chairmanship of the Senate health committee after she endorsed Kelly for governor. #ksleg #kakenews https://t.co/55g94TADz1
— Pilar Pedraza TV (@PilarPedrazaTV) December 12, 2018
State Sen. Barbara Bollier, who has a moderate GOP voting record, switches to Democratic Party. The Mission Hills legislator says in interview “obstructionist agenda” of GOP leaders became intolerable. https://t.co/sqqxP3WYzt #ksleg
— Tim Carpenter (@TimVCarpenter) December 12, 2018
“I cannot be complicit in supporting that,” Bollier said, referring to Trump’s presidency. “I can’t call it leadership. I don’t even know what to call him. He is our president, but he is not representing my value system remotely.”https://t.co/sRHZANfgnA #ksleg
— Jonathan Shorman (@jonshorman) December 12, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets
- VIDEO: Middle Eastern Women’s Group Blasts Fox News Over Dumping Judge Jeanine