BREAKING: Kemp to resign as Georgia secretary of state
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Georgia Republican gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp is stepping down from his post as Georgia secretary of state, effective Thursday night.
Kemp’s move comes as he remains locked in a close campaign against Democrat Stacey Abrams, a race that national outlets have yet to call.
The article goes on to state the following:
The secretary of state submitted a brief letter to Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) on Thursday announcing his forthcoming resignation.
The Kemp campaign declared victory in the governor’s race on Wednesday, but Abrams has refused to concede and vowed to push for a recount, citing votes that have yet to be counted.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet