BREAKING: Kemp to resign as Georgia secretary of state
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Georgia Republican gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp is stepping down from his post as Georgia secretary of state, effective Thursday night.
Kemp’s move comes as he remains locked in a close campaign against Democrat Stacey Abrams, a race that national outlets have yet to call.
The article goes on to state the following:
The secretary of state submitted a brief letter to Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) on Thursday announcing his forthcoming resignation.
The Kemp campaign declared victory in the governor’s race on Wednesday, but Abrams has refused to concede and vowed to push for a recount, citing votes that have yet to be counted.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- Actor’s shady sexual past ignites fury after Golden Globes win
- REPORT: Thousands Of Migrants Accept Free Rides Home Under UN-Run Program
- REPORT: Google Employees Have Melt Down Over The Word ‘Family’
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)