BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
Rick Perry, the energy secretary who has drawn scrutiny for his role in the controversy surrounding President Trump’s efforts to push Ukraine officials to investigate the son of a political rival, on Thursday told the president he would resign from the cabinet.
The Perry resignation had been anticipated for several weeks, even before the news emerged of his involvement in efforts to pressure the new president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate a company that had worked with Hunter Biden, the younger son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.
The article goes on to state the following:
In the ensuing weeks, Mr. Perry has been drawn deeper into the questions around the pressure campaign on Mr. Zelensky, which has spurred an impeachment inquiry that threatens to engulf Mr. Trump’s presidency.
The exact date of Perry’s departure is not known, but it is expected soon, the Times reports.
Perry tells president he’s resigning, per administration official. Happened as POTUS headed to Perry’s home state of Texas today https://t.co/Vas6sWSuxT
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) October 17, 2019
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) October 17, 2019
Energy Secretary Rick Perry notified the president today that he plans to resign two administration sources familiar with the matter tell WH pooler @finnygo
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) October 17, 2019
BREAKING: Energy Secretary Rick Perry has formally notified Trump he plans to resign.
— Ari Natter (@AriNatter) October 17, 2019
BREAKING: Energy Secretary Rick Perry informed President Trump that he plans to resign, two senior administration officials confirm to ABC News https://t.co/uPCRywSyED
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) October 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- COMMENTARY: Kobach: The Riots Remind Us Why We Need the Second Amendment
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- REPORT: Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial among DC landmarks vandalized during riots [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Trump approval at Gallup ‘highest,’ better than Obama, Bush
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton taunts Trump with two photos, and two words
- REPORT: Trump tells governors on call what they must do with rioters
- REPORT: Facebook employees stage ‘virtual walkout’ over Trump
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House
- VIDEO: Democratic congresswoman says she got pepper-sprayed at George Floyd protest