BREAKING: Key GOP senator: Border wall talks are stalled; Dems want ‘more beds’ for migrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a key negotiator on President Trump’s demand for a border wall, said on Sunday that congressional talks are stalled, raising the prospect of another government shutdown at week’s end.
“I think the talks are stalled right now. I’m hoping we can get off the dime later today or in the morning because time is ticking away but we’ve got some problems with the Democrats dealing with ICE, that is detaining criminals that come into the U.S. and they want a cap on them. We don’t want a cap on that,” Shelby said on “Fox News Sunday,” referring to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats have told GOP negotiators that they won’t agree to spend more than $2 billion on border barriers, well below the $5.7 billion that Trump has called for. In addition, a new issue has roiled the talks: a dispute over the number of beds at immigrant detention centers. Democrats want to limit the number of people detained at the border, while Republicans oppose restricting the capacity of detention centers.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland