BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats on Tuesday failed to garner the two-thirds majority needed to pass a continuing resolution (CR) to provide funding to reopen the government through Feb. 1.
The bill, which went down 237-187, was brought to the floor in an effort to pressure GOP lawmakers to break with President Trump in his demand for border wall funding amid the partial government shutdown.
The article goes on to state the following:
Six Republicans — Reps. Elise Stefanik (N.Y.), Will Hurd (Texas), John Katko (N.Y.), Chris Smith (N.J.), Jamie Herrera Buetler (Wash.) and Brian FitzPatrick (Pa.) — joined Democrats in voting for the measure, fewer than backed similar legislation last week.
House Appropriations Chairwoman Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) introduced the measure on Monday along with a separate stopgap that would provide funding through Feb. 28, which is expected to come to the floor on Thursday.
The first CR’s failure comes on the 25th day of the shutdown as Democratic leaders remain at odds with Republicans over Trump’s border wall.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry