BREAKING: Major auto maker announces plans to open new factory in Detroit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV plans to open a new factory in Detroit, according to people briefed on the plan, the first new U.S. assembly plant to be opened by a major domestic car maker since before the Great Recession.
The Italian-American auto maker plans to make a sport-utility vehicle at the new factory, the people said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The move comes as General Motors Co. Chief Executive Mary Barra is on Capitol Hill meeting with lawmakers upset about the auto maker’s plans to end production at assembly plants in Ohio and Michigan.
Fiat Chrysler plans new Detroit factory, the first new U.S. assembly plant to be built by a major domestic car maker in at least a decade https://t.co/CRHKUxAK0u
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) December 6, 2018
JUST IN: Fiat Chrysler to open new assembly factory in Detroit at which they will build SUVs – Dow Joneshttps://t.co/AdUriKypzc
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) December 6, 2018
BREAKING: Fiat Chrysler to open new final assembly plant in Detroit area that will build an SUV according to sources familiar with the plan. $FCAU will not comment on future plans.
— Phil LeBeau (@Lebeaucarnews) December 6, 2018
Mark Stewart, Vice President of operations for Amazon, has been named by Fiat Chrysler as COO of North American operations. His resume below… pic.twitter.com/R3S4iG4EKi
— Mark Cavitt (@MarkCavitt) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in