BREAKING: Michael Cohen to testify before House Committee before entering prison
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
Michael Cohen, the former personal lawyer and fixer for President Donald Trump, has agreed to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in February — a month before beginning to serve a three-year prison sentence for a range of crimes which include ones related to Trump.
Cohen’s planned Feb. 7 appearance in an open session of the committee is voluntary.
The article goes on to state the following:
He said it will give him the opportunity “to give a full and credible account of the events that have transpired.”
The hearing will come two-and-a-half months months after he pleaded guilty to lying to Congress in 2017 about details of an aborted Trump real-estate project in Moscow, Russia.
Shortly after the Oversight Committee’s chairman Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., announced Cohen would testify, the House Intelligence Committee Chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said that “it will be necessary, however, for Mr. Cohen to answer questions pertaining to the Russia investigation, and we hope to schedule a closed session before our committee in the near future.”
February Fireworks: longtime lawyer and fixer for @realDonaldTrump will testify publicly before Congress next month. Here is Michael Cohen’s statement about agreeing to appear on Hill. pic.twitter.com/rVHELWKzkq
— Jeff Zeleny (@jeffzeleny) January 10, 2019
Elijah Cummings: “I thank Michael Cohen for agreeing to testify before the Oversight Cmte voluntarily … We have no interest in inappropriately interfering with any ongoing criminal investigations … We are in the process of consulting with Special Counsel Mueller’s office.”
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) January 10, 2019
Trump’s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen will testify at House Oversight Committee before entering prison. https://t.co/wq3B7r71T3
— CNBC (@CNBC) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions