BREAKING: Michael Cohen to testify before House Committee before entering prison
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
Michael Cohen, the former personal lawyer and fixer for President Donald Trump, has agreed to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in February — a month before beginning to serve a three-year prison sentence for a range of crimes which include ones related to Trump.
Cohen’s planned Feb. 7 appearance in an open session of the committee is voluntary.
The article goes on to state the following:
He said it will give him the opportunity “to give a full and credible account of the events that have transpired.”
The hearing will come two-and-a-half months months after he pleaded guilty to lying to Congress in 2017 about details of an aborted Trump real-estate project in Moscow, Russia.
Shortly after the Oversight Committee’s chairman Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., announced Cohen would testify, the House Intelligence Committee Chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said that “it will be necessary, however, for Mr. Cohen to answer questions pertaining to the Russia investigation, and we hope to schedule a closed session before our committee in the near future.”
February Fireworks: longtime lawyer and fixer for @realDonaldTrump will testify publicly before Congress next month. Here is Michael Cohen’s statement about agreeing to appear on Hill. pic.twitter.com/rVHELWKzkq
— Jeff Zeleny (@jeffzeleny) January 10, 2019
Elijah Cummings: “I thank Michael Cohen for agreeing to testify before the Oversight Cmte voluntarily … We have no interest in inappropriately interfering with any ongoing criminal investigations … We are in the process of consulting with Special Counsel Mueller’s office.”
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) January 10, 2019
Trump’s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen will testify at House Oversight Committee before entering prison. https://t.co/wq3B7r71T3
— CNBC (@CNBC) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks