BREAKING: Michael Cohen to be released from federal prison. here’s why
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison because of the coronavirus outbreak and will serve the remainder of his time in home confinement, reports said Wednesday.
Cohen will be released from Otisville Prison in upstate New York, where he is serving time for lying to Congress and campaign-finance violations, a person familiar with the matter told the Associated Press.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cohen has been in prison since last May and was expected to remain in custody until November 2021.
Fox News reports:
“Michael Cohen, the former attorney for President Trump who was imprisoned last year after pleading guilty to several charges, is expected to be released to home confinement Thursday amid concerns over the coronavirus, a source familiar with the situation told Fox News on Wednesday evening.”
From The Associated Press:
“President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the rest of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter tells the AP.”
President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the rest of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter tells the AP.https://t.co/uw0DjHPcCh
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 20, 2020
Cohen (finally) being released to home confinement. https://t.co/yALUS2rePE
— Katie Phang (@KatiePhang) May 20, 2020
New: After some confusion, ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison due to coronavirus concerns and is expected to serve the rest of his 3-year sentence from home. https://t.co/LgfosNrOnF
— Sadie Gurman (@sgurman) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial