BREAKING: Mueller files request for 150 blank subpoenas
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Special counsel Robert Mueller on Wednesday filed a request for 150 blank subpoenas in the Eastern District of Virginia, where former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort lives.
The two-page filing reveals little, but says that that each subpoena recipient must appear in the Alexandria, Va., courthouse on July 25 to testify in the case.
Judge T.S. Ellis III has now moved the trial date twice, first from July 10 to July 24, and then from that date to July 25.
The article goes on to state the following:
The 150 blank subpoenas amount to 75 total possible subpoenas — in each case, a subpoena is needed for the witness and another is needed for the defense. Court documents filed in April show that Mueller’s team was pushing to subpoena 35 witnesses in the trial.
In May, court documents showed he had filed 70 blank subpoenas.
A blank subpoena means the party serving the subpoena, in this case the federal government, can fill in the name later, as long as it is done so before the subpoena is served.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
NEWS: special counsel robert mueller has filed a request for 150 blank subpoenas in paul manafort’s virginia case – this means 75 potential witnesses https://t.co/BN62VcSiU3
— kelly cohen (@politiCOHEN_) June 13, 2018
BREAKING: Mueller requested Wednesday that a federal court in Virginia issue 150 blank subpoenas, or 75 sets, for the first day of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s trial https://t.co/zYQpTHVpPc @BBuchman_CNS pic.twitter.com/oJ2iSAKqIx
— Courthouse News (@CourthouseNews) June 13, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- REPORT: Senate votes to block Trump deal
- BREAKING: Senator announces bill to stop family separations at border
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- BREAKING: Rapper shot and killed in Florida
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim