BREAKING: New report ties late GOP activist who sought Clinton emails to Mike Flynn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
A veteran Republican activist whose quest to obtain Hillary Clinton’s emails from hackers dominated the final months of his life struck up a professional relationship with Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the former national security adviser to President Trump, as early as 2015, and told associates during the presidential campaign that he was using the retired general’s connections to help him on the email project.
The late Peter W. Smith, an Illinois financier with a long history in Republican politics, met with Mr. Flynn in 2015, according to people familiar with the matter. At the time, Mr. Flynn had recently left his job as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency and was trying to set up his own consulting firm, while Mr. Smith was looking at investment opportunities in cybersecurity.
Mr. Flynn was a top adviser to Mr. Trump during the 2016 campaign. He served briefly as national security adviser in Mr. Trump’s administration before being forced to resign and pleading guilty to a charge of lying to authorities about his conversations with a Russian ambassador. He is scheduled to be sentenced in December.
The article goes on to state the following:
Additionally, in an email reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, one of Mr. Smith’s former associates wrote to a friend last week, “As you are aware Peter started a business relationship with Gen. Mike Flynn in November 2015. We spoke with him on the day he left for his trip to Moscow.” The associate, John Szobocsan, sent the email as the Journal was preparing a story on Mr. Smith and was attempting to reach Mr. Szobocsan. He didn’t respond to requests for comment.
CLICK HERE to read more of this exclusive report from the Wall Street Journal.
GOP operative who sought Clinton’s emails had told associates he was using his relationship with Michael Flynn to help with the effort https://t.co/RIHNCHPptt
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) October 10, 2018
NEW THIS AFTERNOON with @dnvolz and @shelbyholliday: Republican activist Peter Smith met with Michael Flynn in 2015, and told associates he was using Flynn’s connections as part of his quest to find Hillary’s emails. https://t.co/oUkrQkG2d6
— Byron Tau (@ByronTau) October 10, 2018
NEW: Deceased GOP activist Peter Smith’s ties to Michael Flynn date back to 2015, showing a relationship longer and more involved than previously known –– and Smith told associates he was using Flynn’s connections in his hunt for Clinton’s emails https://t.co/WqgE9XtgFM
— Dustin Volz (@dnvolz) October 10, 2018
Peter Smith, the late GOP activist, struck up a professional relationship with Michael Flynn as early as 2015 and told associates during the campaign that he was using Flynn’s connections to help him on his quest to find Clinton’s emails, WSJ reports. https://t.co/KYe6kO38ev
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) October 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WSJ.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance