BREAKING NEWS: Trump’s drug czar withdraws name
In a tweet issued Tuesday morning, President Trump said his pick for drug czar, Rep. Tom Marino, has withdrawn himself from consideration for the post.
The decision comes after the Republican congressman from Pennsylvania came under fire in reports, claiming he helped move legislation protecting big drug companies.
“Rep.Tom Marino has informed me that he is withdrawing his name from consideration as drug czar. Tom is a fine man and a great Congressman!” Trump tweeted.
This is a developing story.
Rep.Tom Marino has informed me that he is withdrawing his name from consideration as drug czar. Tom is a fine man and a great Congressman!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2017
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- VIDEO: Trump explains why he talks about a third term
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop