BREAKING: NY Senate primary: Race called between controversial socialist candidate and 16-year incumbent
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Julia Salazar, a democratic socialist whose campaign for a seat in New York’s state Senate was overshadowed by a series of bizarre revelations about her past, unseated a 16-year incumbent in Thursday’s Democratic primary.
With 84 percent of precincts reporting, Salazar led state Sen. Martin Dilan by 57 percent to 43 percent. She will not face a Republican opponent in November.
The article goes on to state the following:
Salazar’s victory in the Brooklyn-based 18th Senate District added her to the list of insurgent Empire State Democrats who have knocked out established incumbents this primary season.
The 27-year-old first came under scrutiny last month when the online magazine Tablet reported that, contrary to her claims of being an immigrant from Colombia who struggled financially, Salazar actually was born in Florida and had hundreds of thousands of dollars in a trust fund.
Scrutiny of Salazar became more intense when Tablet published a follow-up reportdetailing her 2011 arrest over accusations of bank fraud by the estranged wife of a famous neighbor, former New York Met Keith Hernandez. Salazar was not prosecuted and later sued Hernandez’s wife, Kai Hernandez. Salazar claimed Kai Hernandez was trying to frame her because the woman erroneously believed Salazar was having an affair with her husband. Kai Hernandez settled the lawsuit for $20,000.
— PIX11 News (@PIX11News) September 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Buttigieg backs far-left idea of erasing Thomas Jefferson’s name: ‘It’s the right thing to do’
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?