BREAKING: Officials release identity of California bar gunman
The gunman who committed the mass shooting inside the deadly massacre at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California Wednesday night, killing 12 people plus himself, has now been identified.
Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean announced in a press conference Thursday morning that the gunman was Ian David Long, a 28-year-old veteran of the Marine Corps, who was already known to police.
Dean said Long used a legally-owned Glock 21- 45-caliber handgun which had an extended magazine attached to it.
In addition to a couple of minor traffic incidents, Dean said police were called to Dean’s home in April of this year, when he was acting irate. A mental health official evaluated him at that time, then cleared him.
Ventura County sheriff Geoff Dean: we have identified the suspect as Ian David Long, 28.
— James Cook (@BBCJamesCook) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ventura County Sheriff identifies suspect in #ThousandOaks shooting as 28-year-old Ian David Long; Say department’s had several run-in’s with Long, including in May of this year #LiveDesk pic.twitter.com/PiyeZpLHAo
— Dan Snyder (@DanSnyderFOX25) November 8, 2018
Suspect identified as Ian David Long. 28-years-old. Sheriff’s dept has had several run-ins with Long over the years. Including earlier this year. Deputies are currently at his home. They’re trying to get a search warrant. @10News pic.twitter.com/C2ClEaKefA
— Mimi Elkalla (@10NewsMimi) November 8, 2018
— Craig Fiegener (@CraigNews3LV) November 8, 2018
— KevinNoel (@KevinNoel) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ian David Long, 28, identified as Thousand Oaks bar shooting suspect. A neighbor that spoke with law enforcement said he was a veteran suffering from PTSD.
— Haley Williams (@HaleyRhiannon) November 8, 2018
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) November 8, 2018
Tattooed trenchcoat-wearing ex-Marine, Ian David Long (29), is identified as gunman who massacred twelve people during student night at country bar: Suspect killed himself after hurling smoke grenades onto dance floor and slaying cop in California. https://t.co/Z1ylALX3r0 pic.twitter.com/F7ofzw9SeA
— KatNL 🇳🇱 (@KatNL) November 8, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry