BREAKING: Officials release identity of California bar gunman
The gunman who committed the mass shooting inside the deadly massacre at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California Wednesday night, killing 12 people plus himself, has now been identified.
Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean announced in a press conference Thursday morning that the gunman was Ian David Long, a 28-year-old veteran of the Marine Corps, who was already known to police.
Dean said Long used a legally-owned Glock 21- 45-caliber handgun which had an extended magazine attached to it.
In addition to a couple of minor traffic incidents, Dean said police were called to Dean’s home in April of this year, when he was acting irate. A mental health official evaluated him at that time, then cleared him.
Ventura County sheriff Geoff Dean: we have identified the suspect as Ian David Long, 28.
— James Cook (@BBCJamesCook) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ventura County Sheriff identifies suspect in #ThousandOaks shooting as 28-year-old Ian David Long; Say department’s had several run-in’s with Long, including in May of this year #LiveDesk pic.twitter.com/PiyeZpLHAo
— Dan Snyder (@DanSnyderFOX25) November 8, 2018
Suspect identified as Ian David Long. 28-years-old. Sheriff’s dept has had several run-ins with Long over the years. Including earlier this year. Deputies are currently at his home. They’re trying to get a search warrant. @10News pic.twitter.com/C2ClEaKefA
— Mimi Elkalla (@10NewsMimi) November 8, 2018
— Craig Fiegener (@CraigNews3LV) November 8, 2018
— KevinNoel (@KevinNoel) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ian David Long, 28, identified as Thousand Oaks bar shooting suspect. A neighbor that spoke with law enforcement said he was a veteran suffering from PTSD.
— Haley Williams (@HaleyRhiannon) November 8, 2018
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) November 8, 2018
Tattooed trenchcoat-wearing ex-Marine, Ian David Long (29), is identified as gunman who massacred twelve people during student night at country bar: Suspect killed himself after hurling smoke grenades onto dance floor and slaying cop in California. https://t.co/Z1ylALX3r0 pic.twitter.com/F7ofzw9SeA
— KatNL 🇳🇱 (@KatNL) November 8, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- DML TV: Journalist embeds with migrants, learns why they are coming to US
- REPORT: Judge makes ruling on absentee ballots in Georgia gubernatorial election
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti arrested for domestic violence
- BREAKING: Flake retaliates after McConnell blocks bill to protect Mueller (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Bolton aide exits White House after high-profile clash with Melania
- EXCLUSIVE: Arkansas Sheriff’s department releases dash cam video of shootout with illegal alien driver (VIDEO)
- Hannity tweets offer to read 4 books in one day, DML responds by calling out Hannity