BREAKING: Officials release identity of California bar gunman
The gunman who committed the mass shooting inside the deadly massacre at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California Wednesday night, killing 12 people plus himself, has now been identified.
Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean announced in a press conference Thursday morning that the gunman was Ian David Long, a 28-year-old veteran of the Marine Corps, who was already known to police.
Dean said Long used a legally-owned Glock 21- 45-caliber handgun which had an extended magazine attached to it.
In addition to a couple of minor traffic incidents, Dean said police were called to Dean’s home in April of this year, when he was acting irate. A mental health official evaluated him at that time, then cleared him.
Ventura County sheriff Geoff Dean: we have identified the suspect as Ian David Long, 28.
— James Cook (@BBCJamesCook) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ventura County Sheriff identifies suspect in #ThousandOaks shooting as 28-year-old Ian David Long; Say department’s had several run-in’s with Long, including in May of this year #LiveDesk pic.twitter.com/PiyeZpLHAo
— Dan Snyder (@DanSnyderFOX25) November 8, 2018
Suspect identified as Ian David Long. 28-years-old. Sheriff’s dept has had several run-ins with Long over the years. Including earlier this year. Deputies are currently at his home. They’re trying to get a search warrant. @10News pic.twitter.com/C2ClEaKefA
— Mimi Elkalla (@10NewsMimi) November 8, 2018
— Craig Fiegener (@CraigNews3LV) November 8, 2018
— KevinNoel (@KevinNoel) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ian David Long, 28, identified as Thousand Oaks bar shooting suspect. A neighbor that spoke with law enforcement said he was a veteran suffering from PTSD.
— Haley Williams (@HaleyRhiannon) November 8, 2018
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) November 8, 2018
Tattooed trenchcoat-wearing ex-Marine, Ian David Long (29), is identified as gunman who massacred twelve people during student night at country bar: Suspect killed himself after hurling smoke grenades onto dance floor and slaying cop in California. https://t.co/Z1ylALX3r0 pic.twitter.com/F7ofzw9SeA
— KatNL 🇳🇱 (@KatNL) November 8, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)