BREAKING: Officials release identity of California bar gunman
The gunman who committed the mass shooting inside the deadly massacre at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California Wednesday night, killing 12 people plus himself, has now been identified.
Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean announced in a press conference Thursday morning that the gunman was Ian David Long, a 28-year-old veteran of the Marine Corps, who was already known to police.
Dean said Long used a legally-owned Glock 21- 45-caliber handgun which had an extended magazine attached to it.
In addition to a couple of minor traffic incidents, Dean said police were called to Dean’s home in April of this year, when he was acting irate. A mental health official evaluated him at that time, then cleared him.
Ventura County sheriff Geoff Dean: we have identified the suspect as Ian David Long, 28.
— James Cook (@BBCJamesCook) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ventura County Sheriff identifies suspect in #ThousandOaks shooting as 28-year-old Ian David Long; Say department’s had several run-in’s with Long, including in May of this year #LiveDesk pic.twitter.com/PiyeZpLHAo
— Dan Snyder (@DanSnyderFOX25) November 8, 2018
Suspect identified as Ian David Long. 28-years-old. Sheriff’s dept has had several run-ins with Long over the years. Including earlier this year. Deputies are currently at his home. They’re trying to get a search warrant. @10News pic.twitter.com/C2ClEaKefA
— Mimi Elkalla (@10NewsMimi) November 8, 2018
— Craig Fiegener (@CraigNews3LV) November 8, 2018
— KevinNoel (@KevinNoel) November 8, 2018
#BREAKING: Ian David Long, 28, identified as Thousand Oaks bar shooting suspect. A neighbor that spoke with law enforcement said he was a veteran suffering from PTSD.
— Haley Williams (@HaleyRhiannon) November 8, 2018
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) November 8, 2018
Tattooed trenchcoat-wearing ex-Marine, Ian David Long (29), is identified as gunman who massacred twelve people during student night at country bar: Suspect killed himself after hurling smoke grenades onto dance floor and slaying cop in California. https://t.co/Z1ylALX3r0 pic.twitter.com/F7ofzw9SeA
— KatNL 🇳🇱 (@KatNL) November 8, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet