BREAKING: Paul Manafort may make plea deal, Giuliani weighs in on what it means for Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Paul Manafort has made a ‘tentative’ plea deal to avoid a second criminal trial, ABC News reported Thursday.
The disgraced former Trump campaign chair’s attorneys had four hours Thursday in talks with Robert Mueller’s special counsel probe prosecutors to try to stop his second trial going ahead.
The article goes on to state the following:
But it is not clear if the deal means he will flip and co-operate with Mueller.
The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday.
Manafort could simply plead guilty to some or all charges without co-operating and still reach a deal.
Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani had earlier told Politico the president isn’t worried about Manafort possibly accepting a plea.
According to Politico:
Giuliani said Trump and his attorneys are unconcerned about a potential plea agreement because they’re convinced Manafort has nothing damaging to say about the president.
“From our perspective, we want him to do the right thing for himself,” the former New York mayor and U.S. attorney said. “There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.”
A plea deal that would scuttle Manafort’s upcoming trial could be mutually advantageous for Manafort and Trump, lawyers close to the case say.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Buttigieg backs far-left idea of erasing Thomas Jefferson’s name: ‘It’s the right thing to do’
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?