BREAKING: Paul Manafort may make plea deal, Giuliani weighs in on what it means for Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Paul Manafort has made a ‘tentative’ plea deal to avoid a second criminal trial, ABC News reported Thursday.
The disgraced former Trump campaign chair’s attorneys had four hours Thursday in talks with Robert Mueller’s special counsel probe prosecutors to try to stop his second trial going ahead.
The article goes on to state the following:
But it is not clear if the deal means he will flip and co-operate with Mueller.
The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday.
Manafort could simply plead guilty to some or all charges without co-operating and still reach a deal.
Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani had earlier told Politico the president isn’t worried about Manafort possibly accepting a plea.
According to Politico:
Giuliani said Trump and his attorneys are unconcerned about a potential plea agreement because they’re convinced Manafort has nothing damaging to say about the president.
“From our perspective, we want him to do the right thing for himself,” the former New York mayor and U.S. attorney said. “There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.”
A plea deal that would scuttle Manafort’s upcoming trial could be mutually advantageous for Manafort and Trump, lawyers close to the case say.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Ronald Reagan’s daughter makes statement on Trump’s presidency
- REPORT: Former GOP governor expected to primary Trump in 2020 calls him a “national embarrassment”
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta complains about Rose Garden press conference where he didn’t get a question
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Republican shames Ilhan Omar in blistering op-ed
- VIDEO: DML WARNS: Fox News will screw President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Launches vicious new attack against Kellyanne Conway’s husband
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- REPORT: Woman learns cough dismissed as ‘allergies’ was actually something much worse (PHOTOS)