BREAKING: Paul Ryan kicks Chris Collins off House committee following insider-trading indictment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., kicked Rep. Chris Collins off of the House Energy and Commerce Committee after it the New York Republican was arrested by the FBI and charged with insider trading.
In a statement, the speaker also called for a “prompt and thorough” investigation by the House Ethics Committee.
“While his guilt or innocence is a question for the courts to settle, the allegations against Rep. Collins demand a prompt and thorough investigation by the House Ethics Committee,” Ryan said. “Insider trading is a clear violation of the public trust. Until this matter is settled, Rep. Collins will no longer be serving on the House Energy and Commerce Committee.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Collins, who has represented New York’s 27th Congressional District since 2013, reportedly told ex-Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price and other members of Congress to invest in Australia-based pharmaceutical company Innate Immunotherapeutics, of which he was the largest stockholder, and later bragged about how much money he made.
Paul Ryan just booted Chris Collins off of the House Energy and Commerce Committee pic.twitter.com/v3MqKeC1vS
— Jennifer Bendery (@jbendery) August 8, 2018
Paul Ryan boots GOP Rep. Chris Collins from House Energy and Commerce Committee after insider-trading indictment. https://t.co/bHBeok8kZu
— CNBC (@CNBC) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees