BREAKING: Paul Ryan kicks Chris Collins off House committee following insider-trading indictment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., kicked Rep. Chris Collins off of the House Energy and Commerce Committee after it the New York Republican was arrested by the FBI and charged with insider trading.
In a statement, the speaker also called for a “prompt and thorough” investigation by the House Ethics Committee.
“While his guilt or innocence is a question for the courts to settle, the allegations against Rep. Collins demand a prompt and thorough investigation by the House Ethics Committee,” Ryan said. “Insider trading is a clear violation of the public trust. Until this matter is settled, Rep. Collins will no longer be serving on the House Energy and Commerce Committee.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Collins, who has represented New York’s 27th Congressional District since 2013, reportedly told ex-Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price and other members of Congress to invest in Australia-based pharmaceutical company Innate Immunotherapeutics, of which he was the largest stockholder, and later bragged about how much money he made.
Paul Ryan just booted Chris Collins off of the House Energy and Commerce Committee pic.twitter.com/v3MqKeC1vS
— Jennifer Bendery (@jbendery) August 8, 2018
Paul Ryan boots GOP Rep. Chris Collins from House Energy and Commerce Committee after insider-trading indictment. https://t.co/bHBeok8kZu
— CNBC (@CNBC) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo
- VIDEO: CNN reporter stomps ‘nightmare’ lizard during live report