BREAKING: Pentagon suddenly drops title given to border troop deployment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Pentagon is stripping the official title of the deployment of thousands of military to the southern border and will instead refer to it in public as being in support of Customs Border Protection, according to a Defense Department spokesperson.
“Operation Faithful Patriot” had been used by officials to talk about the 5,200 troops who were recently approved by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to be sent to the U.S.-Mexico border in advance of the arrival of caravans of thousands of migrants from Central America.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Jamie Davis confirmed to the Washington Examiner Wednesday that the Pentagon will no longer use the mission name and instead refer to the deployment of troops as “border support.”
Davis did not say why the decision was made just a day after the midterm elections.
JUST IN: Pentagon says it will no longer refer to the US military mission at the Mexico border as “Operation Faithful Patriot;” no reason given for the change on the day after the US midterm elections – @ckubeNBC
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 7, 2018
Per orders from Mattis’ office, the Pentagon will stop calling troop deployment to US-Mexico border “Operation Faithful Patriot,” a name that was seen by some as having political overtones: https://t.co/jlNcZ4Btpc via @nancyayoussef
— Dion Nissenbaum (@DionNissenbaum) November 7, 2018
#BREAKING DOD stops calling mission at the US southern #Border by its name, Operation Faithful Patriot. “We (DOD) are not calling it Operation Faithful Patriot. We are calling it border support (lower case “b”, lower case “s”),” said Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col Jamie Davis.
— Carla Babb (@CarlaBabbVOA) November 7, 2018
U.S. Army troops, part of “Operation Faithful Patriot” arrived to the U.S. border with Mexico, deployed by President Trump ahead of midterms. Soldiers spread out barbed wire along the Rio Grande in south Texas. #immigration #border #caravanamigrante #undocumented #army pic.twitter.com/PVD6YIbCvk
— John Moore (@jbmoorephoto) November 2, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- EXCLUSIVE: Snipes explains ballot box left in rental car that shut down airport (VIDEOS, PHOTOS)
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- POLL: Do you trust the U.S. election system?
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk