BREAKING: Police release identity of London stabbing terrorist [PHOTO]

NOVEMBER 29, 2019

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:

A terror suspect who was shot dead on London Bridge Friday has been identified as 28-year-old Usman Khan, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said in a statement.

Khan had been residing in the Staffordshire area in England. Police are carrying out a search at an address in the county of Staffordshire.

The article goes on to state the following:

Khan was known to authorities having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offenses and released from prison in December 2018 on license, according to the statement.

A tour guide who tried to apprehend the terrorist told a reporter that he was “wielding two knives, one was duct-taped to his hand.”

A separate report from The Telegraph includes the following details:

The incident began just before 2pm on Friday, when the attacker, who had been attending the Learning Together criminal justice conference at Fishmongers’ Hall on London Bridge began stabbing fellow delegates with two large knives.

It is understood the former prisoner, who was still on licence and whose movements and travel were restricted, had been given permission to attend the event along with other convicted criminals.

One of the men who helped to take Khan down was a former prisoner as well.

London’s Metropolitan Police said on Twitter, “”We are now in a position to confirm the identity of the suspect as 28-year-old Usman Khan, who had been residing in the Staffordshire area. As a result, officers are, tonight, carrying out searches at an address in Staffordshire.”

“This individual was known to authorities, having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offences. He was released from prison in December 2018 on licence and clearly, a key line of enquiry now is to establish how he came to carry out this attack.”

Reuters reported that a man and a woman were killed during the London Bridge attack; another man and two women were also injured and remain in the hospital.

To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *