BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declared Wednesday that an Alabama woman will not be allowed to return to the U.S. after traveling to Syria to join ISIS in 2014.
Pompeo said that Hoda Muthana is not a U.S. citizen and does not have any valid visa to come back to America. Muthana has pleaded with the government to let her return to her family, telling The Guardian in an interview published this week that she regrets leaving the U.S. for the terrorist group.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Ms. Hoda Muthana is not a U.S. citizen and will not be admitted into the United States. She does not have any legal basis, no valid U.S. passport, no right to a passport, nor any visa to travel to the United States. We continue to strongly advise all U.S. citizens not to travel to Syria,” Pompeo said in a statement.
Lawyers for Muthana’s family have told several media outlets she is in fact a citizen, having been born in the U.S.
— Jenan Moussa (@jenanmoussa) February 20, 2019
— The Daily Briefing (@dailybriefing) February 20, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) February 20, 2019
#Breaking: Just in – #Alabama ISIS widow “Hoda Muthana” who left the #US to #Syria and gave birth there, will not be admitted to return to the US, says United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pic.twitter.com/O2S1wubvKe
— Sotiri Dimpinoudis (@sotiridi) February 20, 2019
NEW from @SecPompeo: “Ms. Hoda Muthana is not a U.S. citizen and will not be admitted into the United States. She does not have any legal basis, no valid U.S. passport, no right to a passport, nor any visa to travel to the United States.”
More on the case: https://t.co/mZXh4GQoBW
— Jennifer Hansler (@jmhansler) February 20, 2019
“I hope America doesn’t think I’m a threat to them and I hope they can accept me.”
24-year-old American Hoda Muthana describes to @jamesaalongman her decision to join ISIS in Syria and whether she expects punishment if she is able to return to the U.S. https://t.co/zVlEhFp070 pic.twitter.com/Oz5EXrYOiy
— ABC News (@ABC) February 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute