BREAKING: President Trump rips into CNN’s Jim Acosta during heated argument at press conference (VIDEO)
During a press conference at the White House Wednesday, following the midterm election results, President Trump got into a heated exchange with CNN reporter Jim Acosta, when he stood up to ask questions about the migrant caravan.
Acosta slammed the president for calling the caravan an “invasion,” and said he demonized immigrants. “They’re hundreds of miles away, it’s not an invasion,” Acosta claimed.
Acosta continued trying to ask questions, with Trump continuing telling him, “That’s enough, put down the mic!”
Acosta asked Trump if he was worried about indictments coming against his administration.
“You’re a rude and terrible person,” Trump told Acosta, ordering him to put down the mic. He also slammed Acosta for the way he treats White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders.
At one point, an exasperated President Trump told Acosta, “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country and you run CNN – and if you did it well, your ratings would be much higher.”
NBC’s Peter Alexander jumped up and tried to defend Acosta, which didn’t set well with the president either, who said, “Well, I’m not a big fan of yours either. Sit down.”
“When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people,” Trump said.
Watch the heated exchange below:
President Trump to Jim @Acosta: “You should let me run the country. You run CNN.”
“That’s enough. Put down the mic. CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude terrible person.” pic.twitter.com/GR9TIbKUok
— CSPAN (@cspan) November 7, 2018
Trump walks away from podium as Acosta persists in questioning him, then blasts him: “CNN should be ashamed for himself for having you work for them. You are a rude, terrible person.”
— Eli Stokols (@EliStokols) November 7, 2018
This press conference is going off the rails very quickly. Trump now going off on Acosta.
— James Oliphant (@jamesoliphant) November 7, 2018
Trump to Acosta after Acosta keeps pressing: “You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN. You’re a very rude person. The way you treat Sarah Huckabee is horrible…you shouldn’t treat people that way.”
— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 7, 2018
“You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN,” Trump told CNN’s Jim Acosta during a press conference in which he repeatedly clashed with reporters. pic.twitter.com/OvWCcFap5g
— POLITICO (@politico) November 7, 2018
BREAKING: White House aide grabs and tries to physically remove a microphone from CNN Correspondent Jim Acosta during a contentious exchange with President Trump at a news conference.
— Alexis Scott (@IAmAlexisScott) November 7, 2018
— NBC News (@NBCNews) November 7, 2018
FULL EXCHANGE: Trump vs. @Acosta
"Put down the mic…"
"You are a rude, terrible person…" pic.twitter.com/hdnNGd2xLc
— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) November 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)