BREAKING: President Trump rips into CNN’s Jim Acosta during heated argument at press conference (VIDEO)
During a press conference at the White House Wednesday, following the midterm election results, President Trump got into a heated exchange with CNN reporter Jim Acosta, when he stood up to ask questions about the migrant caravan.
Acosta slammed the president for calling the caravan an “invasion,” and said he demonized immigrants. “They’re hundreds of miles away, it’s not an invasion,” Acosta claimed.
Acosta continued trying to ask questions, with Trump continuing telling him, “That’s enough, put down the mic!”
Acosta asked Trump if he was worried about indictments coming against his administration.
“You’re a rude and terrible person,” Trump told Acosta, ordering him to put down the mic. He also slammed Acosta for the way he treats White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders.
At one point, an exasperated President Trump told Acosta, “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country and you run CNN – and if you did it well, your ratings would be much higher.”
NBC’s Peter Alexander jumped up and tried to defend Acosta, which didn’t set well with the president either, who said, “Well, I’m not a big fan of yours either. Sit down.”
“When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people,” Trump said.
Watch the heated exchange below:
President Trump to Jim @Acosta: “You should let me run the country. You run CNN.”
“That’s enough. Put down the mic. CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude terrible person.” pic.twitter.com/GR9TIbKUok
— CSPAN (@cspan) November 7, 2018
Trump walks away from podium as Acosta persists in questioning him, then blasts him: “CNN should be ashamed for himself for having you work for them. You are a rude, terrible person.”
— Eli Stokols (@EliStokols) November 7, 2018
This press conference is going off the rails very quickly. Trump now going off on Acosta.
— James Oliphant (@jamesoliphant) November 7, 2018
Trump to Acosta after Acosta keeps pressing: “You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN. You’re a very rude person. The way you treat Sarah Huckabee is horrible…you shouldn’t treat people that way.”
— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 7, 2018
“You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN,” Trump told CNN’s Jim Acosta during a press conference in which he repeatedly clashed with reporters. pic.twitter.com/OvWCcFap5g
— POLITICO (@politico) November 7, 2018
BREAKING: White House aide grabs and tries to physically remove a microphone from CNN Correspondent Jim Acosta during a contentious exchange with President Trump at a news conference.
— Alexis Scott (@IAmAlexisScott) November 7, 2018
— NBC News (@NBCNews) November 7, 2018
FULL EXCHANGE: Trump vs. @Acosta
"Put down the mic…"
"You are a rude, terrible person…" pic.twitter.com/hdnNGd2xLc
— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) November 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- DML TV: Journalist embeds with migrants, learns why they are coming to US
- REPORT: Judge makes ruling on absentee ballots in Georgia gubernatorial election
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- BREAKING: Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti arrested for domestic violence
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Flake retaliates after McConnell blocks bill to protect Mueller (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Bolton aide exits White House after high-profile clash with Melania
- EXCLUSIVE: Arkansas Sheriff’s department releases dash cam video of shootout with illegal alien driver (VIDEO)
- Hannity tweets offer to read 4 books in one day, DML responds by calling out Hannity