BREAKING: President Trump walks out of ‘shutdown meeting’ with Democrats (VIDEO)
President Trump met with Republican and Democrat congressional leaders in the White House Situation Room Wednesday afternoon, to discuss a resolution to the ongoing government shutdown.
However, the meeting was short-lived when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared she would not give the president any funding for border security, and he got up and walked out.
Reportedly, the House had proposed four separate bills to re-open the government and get funding in place again, but President Trump told them if they passed those funding bills he would veto them, as they included nothing for border security.
President Trump tweeted afterward, “Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!”
Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2019
Democrat leaders, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, first came out of the White House and told their side of how the meeting played out.
Then Republican leaders, including Vice President Mike Pence, came out and spoke with reporters. Watch their remarks in the video below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions