BREAKING: President Trump walks out of ‘shutdown meeting’ with Democrats (VIDEO)
President Trump met with Republican and Democrat congressional leaders in the White House Situation Room Wednesday afternoon, to discuss a resolution to the ongoing government shutdown.
However, the meeting was short-lived when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared she would not give the president any funding for border security, and he got up and walked out.
Reportedly, the House had proposed four separate bills to re-open the government and get funding in place again, but President Trump told them if they passed those funding bills he would veto them, as they included nothing for border security.
President Trump tweeted afterward, “Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!”
Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2019
Democrat leaders, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, first came out of the White House and told their side of how the meeting played out.
Then Republican leaders, including Vice President Mike Pence, came out and spoke with reporters. Watch their remarks in the video below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly