BREAKING: Rashida Tlaib joins academic boycott of Israel
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Democratic representative Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) has gotten behind a push from anti-Israel faculty members at a small private California university to end its study abroad partnership with an Israeli university.
The move by faculty members at Pitzer College aims to suspend its study abroad program to University of Haifa in Israel until their demands are met by the Israeli government. Leading the charge is Professor Daniel Segal, an anthropology and history professor, who announced through his Twitter account that Tlaib was his movement’s newest backer.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Tlaib is in with #SuspendPitzerHaifa,” he wrote, along with a picture of Tlaib holding the group’s information pamphlet.
The picture was also posted by the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, which said Tlaib supports the Pitzer faculty attempt to “suspend a study abroad program with Haifa University over Israel’s discriminatory policies against Palestinians.”
Tlaib, a Palestinian-American serving her first term in Congress, has endorsed the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS), which aims to wage economic warfare against the Jewish state. She has also said she would vote against providing any aid to Israel and spoke out against her fellow freshman members for taking a bipartisan trip to Israel.
— Daniel A. Segal (@DanSegal14) March 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- REPORT: California fire deadliest in state history as death toll rises, first victims identified
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State