BREAKING: In a rebuke to Trump, Senate votes to end American aid to Saudi war in Yemen
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The Senate voted Wednesday to end American aid to the Saudi war in Yemen. The vote served as a rebuke to President Trump, who has continued to support Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman since the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and American resident, despite Salman’s suspected involvement in the murder.
The bill, co-sponsored by Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Chris Murphy, D-Conn., passed 54-46.
The article goes on to state the following:
This is the second time the Senate approved cutting off military assistance to the Saudis, as the same measure passed in December, but then-House Speaker Paul Ryan refused to bring it to the House floor. Several Republicans joined Democrats in passing the bill in the Senate that time around, resulting in a 56-41 vote.
Senators from both parties have been angered by Mr. Trump’s response to Khashoggi’s death.
Breaking: Senate rebuffs Trump with vote cutting off U.S. support in Yemen war https://t.co/IQHmR08I5k
— POLITICO (@politico) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)