BREAKING: In a rebuke to Trump, Senate votes to end American aid to Saudi war in Yemen
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The Senate voted Wednesday to end American aid to the Saudi war in Yemen. The vote served as a rebuke to President Trump, who has continued to support Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman since the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and American resident, despite Salman’s suspected involvement in the murder.
The bill, co-sponsored by Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Chris Murphy, D-Conn., passed 54-46.
The article goes on to state the following:
This is the second time the Senate approved cutting off military assistance to the Saudis, as the same measure passed in December, but then-House Speaker Paul Ryan refused to bring it to the House floor. Several Republicans joined Democrats in passing the bill in the Senate that time around, resulting in a 56-41 vote.
Senators from both parties have been angered by Mr. Trump’s response to Khashoggi’s death.
Breaking: Senate rebuffs Trump with vote cutting off U.S. support in Yemen war https://t.co/IQHmR08I5k
— POLITICO (@politico) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson