BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
WASHINGTON — John Paul Stevens, the second oldest and third longest-serving Supreme Court justice in history and a Republican president’s nominee who went on to lead the court’s liberal wing, died Tuesday at the age of 99.
Stevens died in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., of complications from a stroke he suffered on Monday, according to a press release.
The article goes on to state the following:
For 35 years, Stevens’ trademark bow tie and gentle mien belied a competitive edge that turned up in his opinions and dissents, most often defending the rights of individuals against the government.
According to a tweet from NBC News, Stevens was “the third-longest serving justice in US Supreme Court history.”
BREAKING: John Paul Stevens, the third-longest serving justice in US Supreme Court history, has died at age 99, according to a Supreme Court official. https://t.co/kdrUxk2XiK pic.twitter.com/v6j0eD9kCw
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 17, 2019
Justice John Paul Stevens has died at 99.
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) July 17, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) July 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism