BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
WASHINGTON — John Paul Stevens, the second oldest and third longest-serving Supreme Court justice in history and a Republican president’s nominee who went on to lead the court’s liberal wing, died Tuesday at the age of 99.
Stevens died in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., of complications from a stroke he suffered on Monday, according to a press release.
The article goes on to state the following:
For 35 years, Stevens’ trademark bow tie and gentle mien belied a competitive edge that turned up in his opinions and dissents, most often defending the rights of individuals against the government.
According to a tweet from NBC News, Stevens was “the third-longest serving justice in US Supreme Court history.”
BREAKING: John Paul Stevens, the third-longest serving justice in US Supreme Court history, has died at age 99, according to a Supreme Court official. https://t.co/kdrUxk2XiK pic.twitter.com/v6j0eD9kCw
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 17, 2019
Justice John Paul Stevens has died at 99.
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) July 17, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) July 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott