BREAKING: Rick Scott delays Senate swearing-in ceremony
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen.-elect Rick Scott (R-Fla.) won’t leave the Florida governor’s mansion early and will instead be sworn in as a senator when his term expires in early January, a spokesman for the governor said Tuesday.
John Tupps, the governor’s communications director, said that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has agreed to hold Scott’s swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 8, five days after other incoming senators are set to be sworn into office.
The article goes on to state the following:
Scott is waiting to leave his current position as governor of Florida until his successor, former Rep. Ron DeSantis (R), enters office.
“When Gov. Scott was elected Governor of Florida, he promised to fight for Florida families every single day of his term,” Tupps said in a statement.
Gov. Rick Scott won’t quit his post a few days early to serve in the US Senate (unlike Sen. Bob Graham in 1987) pic.twitter.com/c8wgpKQoTk
— Marc Caputo (@MarcACaputo) December 4, 2018
NEW-> Rick Scott will not be sworn in as the U.S. Senator from Florida until January 8th, the day his term as Governor ends. Freshman Senators are scheduled to be sworn in on January 3rd. Scott’s office says that Mitch McConnell has agreed to delay Scott’s swearing in.
— Ryan Nobles (@ryanobles) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ex-NASA engineer builds glitter bomb for EPIC revenge on package thieves
- BREAKING: AZ governor appoints McSally to John McCain’s Senate seat, Cindy McCain responds
- UPDATE: Major advertisers announce they will stand by Tucker Carlson, won’t boycott
- BREAKING: Judge rips into Michael Flynn for ‘serious’ offenses, delays sentencing
- JUST IN: Panel of judges makes decision on ethics complaints against Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: House Republicans release transcript of second James Comey interview (READ)
- BREAKING: Judge rules mystery company owned by foreign country must comply with grand jury subpoena, suspected of being part of Mueller’s investigation
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Ocasio-Cortez for saying ‘GOP media’ is scared of her
- BREAKING: ‘Laverne & Shirley’ star Penny Marshall dies
- BREAKING: Andy Pollack, father of Parkland shooting victim, tweets announcement on school safety and Trump