BREAKING: Rick Scott delays Senate swearing-in ceremony
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen.-elect Rick Scott (R-Fla.) won’t leave the Florida governor’s mansion early and will instead be sworn in as a senator when his term expires in early January, a spokesman for the governor said Tuesday.
John Tupps, the governor’s communications director, said that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has agreed to hold Scott’s swearing-in ceremony on Jan. 8, five days after other incoming senators are set to be sworn into office.
The article goes on to state the following:
Scott is waiting to leave his current position as governor of Florida until his successor, former Rep. Ron DeSantis (R), enters office.
“When Gov. Scott was elected Governor of Florida, he promised to fight for Florida families every single day of his term,” Tupps said in a statement.
Gov. Rick Scott won’t quit his post a few days early to serve in the US Senate (unlike Sen. Bob Graham in 1987) pic.twitter.com/c8wgpKQoTk
— Marc Caputo (@MarcACaputo) December 4, 2018
NEW-> Rick Scott will not be sworn in as the U.S. Senator from Florida until January 8th, the day his term as Governor ends. Freshman Senators are scheduled to be sworn in on January 3rd. Scott’s office says that Mitch McConnell has agreed to delay Scott’s swearing in.
— Ryan Nobles (@ryanobles) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales