BREAKING: Senate Democrats escalate intrigue with decision regarding secret letter about Kavanaugh
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Democrats have referred a letter concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI for investigation.
“This matter has been referred to the FBI for investigation,” Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat and a member of the Judiciary Committee, told BuzzFeed News on Thursday about the letter.
The article goes on to state the following:
A source familiar with the matter confirmed to The Hill that the letter had been referred to the FBI for investigation.
The letter has been the subject of days of intrigue on Capitol Hill but the contents of it have not been publicly disclosed by senators who have seen the document.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) was given the letter by Calif. Rep. Anna Eshoo (D), according to multiple reports.
But Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, has refused to answer multiple questions about the letter over the past two days.
She confirmed in a statement on Thursday that she had referred the matter to federal authorities.
“I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further,” Feinstein said.
“I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities,” she continued.
Questions about the letter boiled over on Wednesday after The Intercept published a piece saying Feinstein had refused to share the content of the letter with other members on the committee.
Sources told The Intercept that the letter was relayed by an individual affiliated with Stanford University. Some sources told the publication that it was about an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.
The Intercept reported yesterday that the letter Feinstein referred to the FBI “describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.” https://t.co/yOP7eHqr9F
— Matt McDermott (@mattmfm) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Vision shared of plans for MAJOR Muslim political expansion at event honoring Omar and Tlaib (VIDEO)
- TRUMP TWEET: ‘These guys…ought to be in jail’ (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Alaska governor Mike Dunleavy offers Trump use of troops along 3,000 miles away US-Mexico border
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against escalating socialism in America
- VIDEO: Clip of actress blaming Trump, Pence for attack on Jussie Smollett goes viral amid new revelations
- VIDEO: Schiff: There’s ‘pretty compelling’ evidence of collusion
- VIDEO: Biden tells Europeans that America is ‘an embarrassment’
- REPORT: Alec Baldwin suggests Trump’s criticism of his SNL skips are ‘threat to my safety’
- REPORT: Multiple fatalities, injuries, after shooting in Cancun night club
- VIDEO: ‘Saturday Night Live’ mocks Trump’s national emergency, Pres. Trump responds