BREAKING: Senate rejects border declaration in major rebuke of Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate voted on Thursday to nix President Trump’s national emergency declaration to construct the U.S.-Mexico border wall, setting up the first veto battle with his White House.
Senators voted 59-41 to pass the resolution of disapproval blocking Trump’s declaration. Underscoring the broad base of concern over Trump’s actions within the Republican caucus, 12 GOP senators broke rank and voted with all the Democrats.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure passed the House last month, 245-182.
The resolution now heads to Trump’s desk, where he is expected to use the first veto of his presidency to defeat it. Neither chamber has the vote override the president.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez lashes out against Trump and his supporters in Twitter rant
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide