BREAKING: Senate rejects border declaration in major rebuke of Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate voted on Thursday to nix President Trump’s national emergency declaration to construct the U.S.-Mexico border wall, setting up the first veto battle with his White House.
Senators voted 59-41 to pass the resolution of disapproval blocking Trump’s declaration. Underscoring the broad base of concern over Trump’s actions within the Republican caucus, 12 GOP senators broke rank and voted with all the Democrats.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure passed the House last month, 245-182.
The resolution now heads to Trump’s desk, where he is expected to use the first veto of his presidency to defeat it. Neither chamber has the vote override the president.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson