BREAKING: Senate votes on measure to overturn Trump expansion of non-ObamaCare plans
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate on Wednesday defeated a Democratic measure to overrule President Trump’s expansion of non-ObamaCare insurance plans as Democrats seek to highlight health care ahead of the midterm elections.
The Democratic measure would have overruled Trump’s expansion of short-term health insurance plans, which do not have to cover people with pre-existing conditions or cover a range of health services like mental health or prescription drugs.
The article goes on to state the following:
It was defeated on an extremely narrow, mostly party line 50-50 vote, with Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) voting with Democrats in favor of overturning the short-term plans.
Republicans argue the short-term plans simply provide a cheaper option alongside more comprehensive ObamaCare plans.
Democrats forced the vote ahead of the midterms in an attempt to put health care front and center in the campaign.
TUNE IN about 10:55 AM ET I’ll be speaking on the Senate floor against the Democrats’ resolution to block the ability of Americans to access more affordable short-term health insurance plans. Watch here: https://t.co/1z7hfrY8Pf
— Sen. Lamar Alexander (@SenAlexander) October 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Tomorrow, the Senate will have an opportunity to undo a portion of the Republican campaign of health care sabotage. #NoJunkPlans
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) October 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)