BREAKING: Senate votes on Ratcliffe as next director of national intelligence
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Senate on Thursday voted to confirm Rep. John Ratcliffe as the next director of national intelligence.
Ratcliffe, R-Texas, was approved on a 49-44 vote. The installment comes as the intelligence community once again finds itself in the middle of a political firestorm, over whether Trump associates were improperly “unmasked” in intelligence reports during the latter days of the Obama administration.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ratcliffe’s nomination was voted out of the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this week on a party-line vote of 8-7, reflecting lingering partisan tensions over the post.
Ratcliffe replaces acting DNI Richard Grenell.
“The DNI’s role is crucial to our national security, and I look forward to working with Director Ratcliffe as he oversees the efforts of our nation’s 17 intelligence agencies,” acting Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Marco Rubio, R-Fla. on Thursday.
The United States Senate has confirmed John Ratcliffe as our new Director of National Intelligence. @ODNIgov
— Senate Republicans (@SenateGOP) May 21, 2020
Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) offered his congratulations, tweeting, “The Senate just confirmed John Ratcliffe as the next Director of National Intelligence. He was an exceptional colleague in the House and he’s highly capable of being a great DNI. Thank you to @RichardGrenell for being fearless, smart & determined as an amazing Acting DNI!”
The Senate just confirmed John Ratcliffe as the next Director of National Intelligence. He was an exceptional colleague in the House and he’s highly capable of being a great DNI. Thank you to @RichardGrenell for being fearless, smart & determined as an amazing Acting DNI!
— Lee Zeldin (@RepLeeZeldin) May 21, 2020
Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) tweeted, “Congratulations to my friend and fellow Texan John Ratcliffe. He will do a phenomenal job.”
Congratulations to my friend and fellow Texan John Ratcliffe. He will do a phenomenal job. https://t.co/VaYFvfDzyo
— Rep. Dan Crenshaw (@RepDanCrenshaw) May 21, 2020
Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) tweeted, “Congratulations to my good friend John Ratcliffe on his confirmation as Director of National Intelligence. John is a fair, honest man, and I am certain he will make an excellent DNI.”
— Jason Chaffetz (@jasoninthehouse) May 21, 2020
The Senate has voted 49-to-44 to confirm Rep. John Ratcliffe as the next director of national intelligence. He received more votes in opposition than any DNI in the 15-year history of the office. https://t.co/W2qwkcd6SN
— Shane Harris (@shaneharris) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention