BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
TARRYTOWN, New York (WABC) — A fatal shooting led to the lockout of five Westchester County school districts Tuesday.
Tarrytown, Irvington, Hastings-on-Hudson, Elmsford and Dobbs Ferry schools are on lockout due to the police search in the area for the gunman.
The schools will remain under lockout until dismissal. The incident started at around 7:15 a.m.
Police said a woman was fatally shot at the Sleepy Hollow Gardens apartment complex on Route 119 in Tarrytown. The suspect fled the area.
The lockouts are precautionary, and there is no threat inside the schools. The lockout began with the Tarrytown School District and then extended to Irvington, before Hastings-on-Hudson, Elmsford, and Dobbs Ferry were also added.
SWAT teams have been searching for the gunman all morning.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: LA residents fed up with officials, demand change after homeless crisis spirals in city
- REPORT: Trump blasts Google over report of manipulated voters
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Trump trolls with meme of Trump Tower in Greenland
- VIDEO: FEC chair: Trump is ‘damaging to our democracy’
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry