BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
TARRYTOWN, New York (WABC) — A fatal shooting led to the lockout of five Westchester County school districts Tuesday.
Tarrytown, Irvington, Hastings-on-Hudson, Elmsford and Dobbs Ferry schools are on lockout due to the police search in the area for the gunman.
The schools will remain under lockout until dismissal. The incident started at around 7:15 a.m.
Police said a woman was fatally shot at the Sleepy Hollow Gardens apartment complex on Route 119 in Tarrytown. The suspect fled the area.
The lockouts are precautionary, and there is no threat inside the schools. The lockout began with the Tarrytown School District and then extended to Irvington, before Hastings-on-Hudson, Elmsford, and Dobbs Ferry were also added.
SWAT teams have been searching for the gunman all morning.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in