BREAKING: Son of limo company owner charged with homicide in deadly crash
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
The operator of the limo company involved in the crash that killed 20 people upstate was arrested Wednesday and charged with criminally negligent homicide, state police said.
Nauman Hussain was taken into custody after he was pulled over while traveling with his family on I-787 in Watervliet, north of Albany, state police Superintendent Robert Beach said at an afternoon news conference.
The article goes on to state the following:
Beach said the charge was based on a failed Sept. 4 inspection at which the limo that crashed was ordered taken out of service, as well as an Aug. 25 traffic stop during which its driver was ticketed for not having the proper license while behind the wheel.
“The sole responsibility for that vehicle being on the road on Saturday rests with Nauman Hussein,” Beach said.
The single count lodged against Hussain names all 20 victims, and additional counts could be filed by Schoharie County prosecutors, Beach said.
Operator of Prestige Limo, Nauman Hussain, has been taken into custody. Charges are pending. An update will be posted on https://t.co/SC465aKslr.
— NewYorkStatePolice (@nyspolice) October 10, 2018
BREAKING: State Police took Nauman Hussain, operator of Prestige Limo, into custody following a traffic stop on I-787. Charges are pending at this time. Nauman Hussain is the son of Prestige Limo owner Shahed Hussain . pic.twitter.com/t6twyHym5D
— Trishna Begam (@TrishnaWTEN) October 10, 2018
Limo Crash Updates:
1) Nauman Hussain, operator of Prestige Limo and company owner’s son, was arrested Wednesday. The father was said to be in Pakistan.
2) Driver’s family blames car/comp. “unbeknownst to him he was provided with a vehicle that was neither roadworthy nor safe” https://t.co/AkBVgNd7lb
— Bryan Llenas (@BryanLlenas) October 10, 2018
— KYW Newsradio (@KYWNewsradio) October 10, 2018
State Police confirms Nauman Hussain, the operator of Prestige Limo, has been taken into custody.
— Jon Campbell (@JonCampbellGAN) October 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?