BREAKING: Son of limo company owner charged with homicide in deadly crash
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
The operator of the limo company involved in the crash that killed 20 people upstate was arrested Wednesday and charged with criminally negligent homicide, state police said.
Nauman Hussain was taken into custody after he was pulled over while traveling with his family on I-787 in Watervliet, north of Albany, state police Superintendent Robert Beach said at an afternoon news conference.
The article goes on to state the following:
Beach said the charge was based on a failed Sept. 4 inspection at which the limo that crashed was ordered taken out of service, as well as an Aug. 25 traffic stop during which its driver was ticketed for not having the proper license while behind the wheel.
“The sole responsibility for that vehicle being on the road on Saturday rests with Nauman Hussein,” Beach said.
The single count lodged against Hussain names all 20 victims, and additional counts could be filed by Schoharie County prosecutors, Beach said.
Operator of Prestige Limo, Nauman Hussain, has been taken into custody. Charges are pending. An update will be posted on https://t.co/SC465aKslr.
— NewYorkStatePolice (@nyspolice) October 10, 2018
BREAKING: State Police took Nauman Hussain, operator of Prestige Limo, into custody following a traffic stop on I-787. Charges are pending at this time. Nauman Hussain is the son of Prestige Limo owner Shahed Hussain . pic.twitter.com/t6twyHym5D
— Trishna Begam (@TrishnaWTEN) October 10, 2018
Limo Crash Updates:
1) Nauman Hussain, operator of Prestige Limo and company owner’s son, was arrested Wednesday. The father was said to be in Pakistan.
2) Driver’s family blames car/comp. “unbeknownst to him he was provided with a vehicle that was neither roadworthy nor safe” https://t.co/AkBVgNd7lb
— Bryan Llenas (@BryanLlenas) October 10, 2018
— KYW Newsradio (@KYWNewsradio) October 10, 2018
State Police confirms Nauman Hussain, the operator of Prestige Limo, has been taken into custody.
— Jon Campbell (@JonCampbellGAN) October 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez warns of ‘very real risk’ of Trump win in 2020, Trump responds