BREAKING: State judge rules officials can’t tell voters photo ID required to cast ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Missouri judge on Tuesday ruled that state election officials can no longer spread materials that indicate voters must provide a photo ID in order to cast a ballot, Reuters reported.
The news outlet reported that Judge Richard Callahan, who sits on the Cole County Circuit Court, ruled that the materials must also specify other forms of identifications that voters can show. He additionally wrote that state authorities can’t require people who are otherwise qualified to vote to sign a sworn statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
The ruling effectively blocked a portion of Missouri’s voter identification law one month before November’s midterm elections.
Priorities USA, a Democratic super PAC that filed the lawsuit in June, hailed the ruling as a win for voting rights, Reuters reported.
CLICK HERE to read more from The Hill.
A Missouri judge has ruled that state election officials can no longer tell voters that a photo ID is required to cast a ballot. https://t.co/ty88JbJaPn
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) October 10, 2018
“No compelling state interest is severed by misleading local election authorities and voters into believing a photo ID card is a requirement for voting,” Cole County Judge Richard Callahan stated in his ruling. — #moleghttps://t.co/3wmJsVK0aO
— The Missouri Times (@MissouriTimes) October 9, 2018
Voters win in Missouri…
— The Fighting Liberal (@texyellowdogdem) October 10, 2018
“A Missouri judge on Tuesday blocked key portions of the state’s voter photo identification law, meaning some voters could find it easier to cast ballots in a November election headlined by a hotly contested U.S. Senate race.”
GREAT NEWS! https://t.co/3WBAlfMJtE
— Rachel R. Gonzalez (@RachelRGonzalez) October 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?