BREAKING: State judge rules officials can’t tell voters photo ID required to cast ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Missouri judge on Tuesday ruled that state election officials can no longer spread materials that indicate voters must provide a photo ID in order to cast a ballot, Reuters reported.
The news outlet reported that Judge Richard Callahan, who sits on the Cole County Circuit Court, ruled that the materials must also specify other forms of identifications that voters can show. He additionally wrote that state authorities can’t require people who are otherwise qualified to vote to sign a sworn statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
The ruling effectively blocked a portion of Missouri’s voter identification law one month before November’s midterm elections.
Priorities USA, a Democratic super PAC that filed the lawsuit in June, hailed the ruling as a win for voting rights, Reuters reported.
CLICK HERE to read more from The Hill.
A Missouri judge has ruled that state election officials can no longer tell voters that a photo ID is required to cast a ballot. https://t.co/ty88JbJaPn
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) October 10, 2018
“No compelling state interest is severed by misleading local election authorities and voters into believing a photo ID card is a requirement for voting,” Cole County Judge Richard Callahan stated in his ruling. — #moleghttps://t.co/3wmJsVK0aO
— The Missouri Times (@MissouriTimes) October 9, 2018
Voters win in Missouri…
— The Fighting Liberal (@texyellowdogdem) October 10, 2018
“A Missouri judge on Tuesday blocked key portions of the state’s voter photo identification law, meaning some voters could find it easier to cast ballots in a November election headlined by a hotly contested U.S. Senate race.”
GREAT NEWS! https://t.co/3WBAlfMJtE
— Rachel R. Gonzalez (@RachelRGonzalez) October 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance