BREAKING: Steyer makes decision about run against Trump in 2020 (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Tom Steyer, the billionaire philanthropist known for his campaign to impeach President Trump, ruled out a bid for the White House on Wednesday, putting to rest months of speculation that he could seek the Democratic nomination in 2020.
Steyer is set to announce his decision, which was confirmed to The Hill by one of his advisers, during a trip to Iowa on Wednesday. The New York Times, which obtained a copy of his prepared remarks, first reported the news.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Most people come to Iowa around this time to announce a campaign for president,” Steyer said in the prepared remarks, according to the Times. “But I am proud to be here to announce that I will do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to remove a president.”
Billionaire Tom Steyer now says he will not run for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, and will instead spend money to advocate for President Trump’s impeachment https://t.co/Utt7tNsB8f
— The New York Times (@nytimes) January 9, 2019
— NPR Politics (@nprpolitics) January 9, 2019
MORE: The decision comes as a surprise, given Steyer had been traveling the country promoting the political platform he released after November’s midterm elections. https://t.co/3FbF5ZYlKl
— Meg Kinnard (@MegKinnardAP) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions