BREAKING: Suicide bomber kills 13, including women, outside Afghan ministry
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
KABUL (Reuters) – A suicide bomber killed 13 people and wounded more 25 during rush hour on Monday at the entrance to Afghanistan’s rural rehabilitation and development ministry in Kabul as workers were leaving for home, government spokesmen said.
Islamic State claimed responsibility, its AMAQ news agency said, without providing any evidence. The attack comes as security has deteriorated in the city during recent months ahead of elections scheduled for October.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Woman, children and employees of the (rehabilitation) ministry are among the victims,” Najib Danish, spokesman for the interior ministry, told Reuters, referring to the dead and wounded.
Wahid Majroh, spokesman for the ministry of public health, said no children were among the dead.
Fraidoon Azhand, spokesman for the ministry that came under attack, said the suicide bomber detonated his explosives at the gate.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) June 11, 2018
Suicide bomber strikes outside government ministry in Kabul, killing 12 just days before start of holiday cease-fire with Taliban. https://t.co/dz7EGEqzuG
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 11, 2018
I attend the burial of 2 #Borno CJTF who lost their lives at the today suicide bombing which occurs 1:14am by a male suicide bomber around Maikore filling station Maiduguri.
2 soldiers died instantly .@NePcni @HQNigerianArmy @MBuhari @ProfOsinbajo @daily_trust @GovBorno pic.twitter.com/9wcORrTQEP
— Dogo M Shettima (@ShettimaDogo) June 11, 2018
The rush-hour attack, claimed by the Islamic State, also injured over 25 with children too feared to be among victims. https://t.co/frYW4QIWNA
— Mayur Gupta (@MayurGu07070953) June 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds