BREAKING: Suicide bomber kills 13, including women, outside Afghan ministry
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
KABUL (Reuters) – A suicide bomber killed 13 people and wounded more 25 during rush hour on Monday at the entrance to Afghanistan’s rural rehabilitation and development ministry in Kabul as workers were leaving for home, government spokesmen said.
Islamic State claimed responsibility, its AMAQ news agency said, without providing any evidence. The attack comes as security has deteriorated in the city during recent months ahead of elections scheduled for October.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Woman, children and employees of the (rehabilitation) ministry are among the victims,” Najib Danish, spokesman for the interior ministry, told Reuters, referring to the dead and wounded.
Wahid Majroh, spokesman for the ministry of public health, said no children were among the dead.
Fraidoon Azhand, spokesman for the ministry that came under attack, said the suicide bomber detonated his explosives at the gate.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) June 11, 2018
Suicide bomber strikes outside government ministry in Kabul, killing 12 just days before start of holiday cease-fire with Taliban. https://t.co/dz7EGEqzuG
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 11, 2018
I attend the burial of 2 #Borno CJTF who lost their lives at the today suicide bombing which occurs 1:14am by a male suicide bomber around Maikore filling station Maiduguri.
2 soldiers died instantly .@NePcni @HQNigerianArmy @MBuhari @ProfOsinbajo @daily_trust @GovBorno pic.twitter.com/9wcORrTQEP
— Dogo M Shettima (@ShettimaDogo) June 11, 2018
The rush-hour attack, claimed by the Islamic State, also injured over 25 with children too feared to be among victims. https://t.co/frYW4QIWNA
— Mayur Gupta (@MayurGu07070953) June 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda