BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday canceled arguments that had been scheduled for next month in an appeal by President Donald Trump’s administration relating to its contentious move to add a citizenship question to the 2020 U.S. census.
The administration had challenged the scope of evidence that U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman in Manhattan could use in considering his decision in a lawsuit filed by 18 U.S. states, 15 cities and various civil rights groups challenging the legality of the citizenship question.
The article goes on to state the following:
The justices disclosed the cancellation of the Feb. 19 arguments in a notation on the court docket a day after the challengers, including New York state, filed court papers calling the administration’s appeal moot because Furman issued his final decision this week invalidating the census question.
“The briefing schedule is suspended pending further order of the court,” the justices said, according to The Washington Times.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) November 16, 2018
Supreme Court puts off first test on 2020 Census citizenship question https://t.co/gMy4XKJxvP
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) January 18, 2019
— The Jerusalem Post (@Jerusalem_Post) January 18, 2019
Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appealhttps://t.co/Fg6i7sMDD6
— Raw Story (@RawStory) January 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry