BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday canceled arguments that had been scheduled for next month in an appeal by President Donald Trump’s administration relating to its contentious move to add a citizenship question to the 2020 U.S. census.
The administration had challenged the scope of evidence that U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman in Manhattan could use in considering his decision in a lawsuit filed by 18 U.S. states, 15 cities and various civil rights groups challenging the legality of the citizenship question.
The article goes on to state the following:
The justices disclosed the cancellation of the Feb. 19 arguments in a notation on the court docket a day after the challengers, including New York state, filed court papers calling the administration’s appeal moot because Furman issued his final decision this week invalidating the census question.
“The briefing schedule is suspended pending further order of the court,” the justices said, according to The Washington Times.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) November 16, 2018
Supreme Court puts off first test on 2020 Census citizenship question https://t.co/gMy4XKJxvP
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) January 18, 2019
— The Jerusalem Post (@Jerusalem_Post) January 18, 2019
Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appealhttps://t.co/Fg6i7sMDD6
— Raw Story (@RawStory) January 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo