BREAKING: Tennessee race called between Marsha Blackburn and Phil Bredesen
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Conservative Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R) has defeated former Gov. Phil Bredesen in Tennessee, likely quashing Democrats’ chances of taking control of the Senate.
She will fill the seat vacated by Sen. Bob Corker’s (R-Tenn.) retirement.
The article goes on to state the following:
Blackburn pulled ahead of Bredesen after the Senate’s divisive debate over Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, which polarized the electorate in Tennessee and other battleground states that voted for President Trump.
Bredesen in an interview with NBC’s Kasie Hunt over the weekend criticized Senate Democrats’ handling of the Supreme Court fight and argued that “coming out immediately against anyone who Trump put up was a mistake.”
Tennessee has moved toward Republicans in the 12 years since Democrat Phil Bredesen last won a statewide race. Here’s how he’s doing against Republican Marsha Blackburn at 12% reporting.
— POLITICO (@politico) November 7, 2018
BREAKING: Marsha Blackburn (R) wins Tennessee Senate race. Republicans hold onto a seat that Democrats were hoping to flip. #ElectionNight #Midterms2018 https://t.co/moYOfg9CCw pic.twitter.com/9vy09JM7dI
— CBS News (@CBSNews) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)