BREAKING: Tennessee race called between Marsha Blackburn and Phil Bredesen
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Conservative Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R) has defeated former Gov. Phil Bredesen in Tennessee, likely quashing Democrats’ chances of taking control of the Senate.
She will fill the seat vacated by Sen. Bob Corker’s (R-Tenn.) retirement.
The article goes on to state the following:
Blackburn pulled ahead of Bredesen after the Senate’s divisive debate over Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, which polarized the electorate in Tennessee and other battleground states that voted for President Trump.
Bredesen in an interview with NBC’s Kasie Hunt over the weekend criticized Senate Democrats’ handling of the Supreme Court fight and argued that “coming out immediately against anyone who Trump put up was a mistake.”
Tennessee has moved toward Republicans in the 12 years since Democrat Phil Bredesen last won a statewide race. Here’s how he’s doing against Republican Marsha Blackburn at 12% reporting.
— POLITICO (@politico) November 7, 2018
BREAKING: Marsha Blackburn (R) wins Tennessee Senate race. Republicans hold onto a seat that Democrats were hoping to flip. #ElectionNight #Midterms2018 https://t.co/moYOfg9CCw pic.twitter.com/9vy09JM7dI
— CBS News (@CBSNews) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet