BREAKING: Three Mexican presidents linked to El Chapo corruption as trial raises bribery claims
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
And then there were three.
In a trial in federal court in New York that is turning out to be about far more than Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the Mexican drug lord, a court document that was unsealed Wednesday claimed bribes by cartels were paid to former president Felipe Calderon and to a former campaign worker of current President Andrés Manuel López Obrador.
The article goes on to state the following:
The assertion of corruption came just a day after the bombshell — by witness Alex Cifuentes Villa, a Colombian drug trafficker who worked with El Chapo from 2007 to 2013 — that former Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto attempted to squeeze $250 million in bribes from the kingpin shortly after he took office in 2012.
The court document, which the U.S. government sought to keep sealed, saying it was irrelevant to its case against El Chapo, referred to a bribe that was paid by a brother of Sinaloa cartel leader Ismael Zambada to an unidentified man who worked López Obrador’s unsuccessful 2006 presidential campaign, reported Vice News.
No surprise almost every single politician and figure down there is grandfathered in by bribes or is on someone’s payroll. That’s exactly why most of the country is still in the last century and they are coming across the border. Build the wall.#FoxNews https://t.co/4Tr9cbfTr3
— Kevin Thano Gotch (@Downwindtack) January 17, 2019
BROOKLYN — The list of Mexican presidents linked to corruption allegations in trial of Sinaloa cartel leader Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán has risen to three, and now includes the man currently in office, Andrés Manuel López Obrador. #Mexico #BREAKINGhttps://t.co/6iHK57a9Iz
— LumiCelestial (@LuxandraV) January 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)