BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The deputy secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is resigning Thursday due to disagreements with members of the Trump administration regarding housing policy and the administration’s efforts to intervene in disaster-relief money for Puerto Rico, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.
Pam Patenaude notified HUD Secretary Ben Carson of her planned departure last month and was expected to transition out of the role in January.
The article goes on to state the following:
Patenaude, HUD’s second in command, reportedly grew frustrated by the White House’s attempt to block federal relief money to the island following the devastation left by Hurricane Maria in 2017.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 17, 2019
On departed HUD deputy Pam Patenaude, who visited Puerto Rico 12x: “Patenaude’s departure reflects a broader pattern of political appointees with expertise who are leaving the administration” https://t.co/WPUx4V5tzn
— Elise Jordan (@Elise_Jordan) January 17, 2019
“Trump told [Kelly] and [Mulvaney] that he did not want a single dollar going to Puerto Rico, because he thought the island was misusing the money and taking advantage of the government…”https://t.co/Ri8bfm8t1J
— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) January 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry