BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The deputy secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is resigning Thursday due to disagreements with members of the Trump administration regarding housing policy and the administration’s efforts to intervene in disaster-relief money for Puerto Rico, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.
Pam Patenaude notified HUD Secretary Ben Carson of her planned departure last month and was expected to transition out of the role in January.
The article goes on to state the following:
Patenaude, HUD’s second in command, reportedly grew frustrated by the White House’s attempt to block federal relief money to the island following the devastation left by Hurricane Maria in 2017.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 17, 2019
On departed HUD deputy Pam Patenaude, who visited Puerto Rico 12x: “Patenaude’s departure reflects a broader pattern of political appointees with expertise who are leaving the administration” https://t.co/WPUx4V5tzn
— Elise Jordan (@Elise_Jordan) January 17, 2019
“Trump told [Kelly] and [Mulvaney] that he did not want a single dollar going to Puerto Rico, because he thought the island was misusing the money and taking advantage of the government…”https://t.co/Ri8bfm8t1J
— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) January 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)