BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The deputy secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is resigning Thursday due to disagreements with members of the Trump administration regarding housing policy and the administration’s efforts to intervene in disaster-relief money for Puerto Rico, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.
Pam Patenaude notified HUD Secretary Ben Carson of her planned departure last month and was expected to transition out of the role in January.
The article goes on to state the following:
Patenaude, HUD’s second in command, reportedly grew frustrated by the White House’s attempt to block federal relief money to the island following the devastation left by Hurricane Maria in 2017.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 17, 2019
On departed HUD deputy Pam Patenaude, who visited Puerto Rico 12x: “Patenaude’s departure reflects a broader pattern of political appointees with expertise who are leaving the administration” https://t.co/WPUx4V5tzn
— Elise Jordan (@Elise_Jordan) January 17, 2019
“Trump told [Kelly] and [Mulvaney] that he did not want a single dollar going to Puerto Rico, because he thought the island was misusing the money and taking advantage of the government…”https://t.co/Ri8bfm8t1J
— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) January 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo