BREAKING: Trey Gowdy agrees to help Trump through impeachment inquiry
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former Rep. Trey Gowdy has agreed to a request from the White House to assist President Trump as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.
Though initial reports claimed that Gowdy had declined an invite from the White House to participate in the president’s defense, the former GOP representative of South Carolina is now on board to assist, according to Law & Crime.
The article goes on to state the following:
Gowdy was approached by the White House this week as potential legal counsel for Trump as he prepares to fight against an impeachment investigation stemming from a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, according to a report from CNN. Though Gowdy is an accomplished attorney, the nature of his involvement in Trump’s fight against impeachment is not immediately clear.
Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey tweeted Tuesday:
“Confirmed, per a senior White House official, who says Trump has blessed the move. Trey Gowdy is on the Trump team.”
Confirmed, per a senior White House official, who says Trump has blessed the move. Trey Gowdy is on the Trump team. https://t.co/yjhaK8LsOF
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) October 8, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 9, 2019
Trey Gowdy has accepted an offer to serve as outside counsel to President Trump. He met with Mick Mulvaney at the White House today.
— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) October 8, 2019
NEWS: Trump advisers since late Sept. have weighed the idea of asking former US Rep Trey Gowdy to provide impeachment strategy.
Trump warmed to the suggestion and asked @TGowdySC to be part of team.
Gowdy said yes.
He’ll work from *outside* the White House, sources tell me.
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) October 8, 2019
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- UPDATE: Identity, details emerge on MillerCoors employee who shot dead five colleagues
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Authorities trying to locate hundreds of cruise ship passengers after American traveler tested positive for coronavirus
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- REPORT: Coca-Cola reveals how coronavirus is about to make major impact on their product
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim