BREAKING: Trump Announces Supreme Court Pick
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald J. Trump has decided on who he will pick for a lifetime position on the U.S. Supreme Court.
After Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement in June, President Trump turned to a list of contenders. He’d narrowed the list down to four conservative federal appellate judges: Raymond Kethledge, Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, and Thomas Hardiman.
The appointment is a significant win for conservatives. Reuters reports: The Republican president, with an opportunity to further put his stamp on the court with the second appointee of his 18 months in office, is expected to choose among four judges with strong conservative credentials.
The president announced his selection in a televised address. Watch below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- VIDEO: Jussie Smollett disses Donald Trump in leaked video of scrapped ‘Drop the Mic’ episode