BREAKING: Trump backtracks on China tariffs, Fox News anchor slams move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
The United States Trade Representative office said Tuesday certain items were being removed from the new China tariff list because of “health, safety, national security and other factors” while tariffs on other items would be delayed until December 15.
The products in the group that will have tariffs delayed include “cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, certain toys, computer monitors, and certain items of footwear and clothing,” the USTR said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Apple shares traded higher on the news. Best Buy, Nike, Kohl’s and other retailers were also trading higher.
Last month, President Donald Trump announced a new round of tariffs of 10% on $300 billion of Chinese imports that eluded duties in the earlier round in May. The USTR published a list of products in May that may be subject to an addition 10% tariff and that list is now being edited to avoid health and security factors.
Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham responded to the news, tweeting, “Trump caved. China will be emboldened—during Hong Kong crackdown no less: “US removes some items from China tariff list, delaying tariffs for others.”
Trump caved. China will be emboldened—during Hong Kong crackdown no less: “US removes some items from China tariff list, delaying tariffs for others” https://t.co/ACpPWpQg8t
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) August 13, 2019
— USTR (@USTradeRep) August 13, 2019
BREAKING: US Trade Rep. announces that some of the 10% tariffs will be delayed until December 15.
— Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) August 13, 2019
BREAKING: Stocks jump to session highs, Apple surges more than 4.5% after USTR removes items from China tariff list, delays some others including those on cell phones and laptops https://t.co/4gGcxyFOnV pic.twitter.com/AMmid6LZJY
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott