BREAKING: Trump backtracks on China tariffs, Fox News anchor slams move

AUGUST 13, 2019

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:

The United States Trade Representative office said Tuesday certain items were being removed from the new China tariff list because of “health, safety, national security and other factors” while tariffs on other items would be delayed until December 15.

The products in the group that will have tariffs delayed include “cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, certain toys, computer monitors, and certain items of footwear and clothing,” the USTR said.

The article goes on to state the following:

Apple shares traded higher on the news. Best Buy, Nike, Kohl’s and other retailers were also trading higher.

Last month, President Donald Trump announced a new round of tariffs of 10% on $300 billion of Chinese imports that eluded duties in the earlier round in May. The USTR published a list of products in May that may be subject to an addition 10% tariff and that list is now being edited to avoid health and security factors. 

Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham responded to the news, tweeting, “Trump caved. China will be emboldened—during Hong Kong crackdown no less: “US removes some items from China tariff list, delaying tariffs for others.”

To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *