BREAKING: Trump Comments on Sessions’ Future in the Administration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
President Donald Trump said Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections in November.
“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump said Thursday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. Asked if he’d keep Sessions beyond November, he declined to comment.
The article goes on to report:
Trump has repeatedly attacked Sessions in private and in public for recusing himself in March 2017 from the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein then appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel to conduct what’s become a wide-ranging probe, including whether people around Trump conspired with the Russians and whether the president sought to obstruct justice.
Trump’s comments Thursday were in keeping with the predictions of some key Republicans in Congress, who are now saying they expect the president to oust Sessions after the elections in November despite warning him in the past that the Senate wouldn’t muster the votes to confirm a successor.
BREAKING: Jeff Sessions is safe as AG until at least the midterms, Trump told me and @margarettalev in an Oval Office interview.
When I asked if Sessions is safe after that, Trump declined to say. He just wants Sessions to do a good job, he said. https://t.co/WHb66nrNgB
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) August 30, 2018
NEW: President Trump says Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job is safe at least until the midterm elections.
Beyond that? He wouldn’t comment.https://t.co/omSgLJzueJ
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) August 30, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) August 30, 2018
Trump will only say that his Attorney General has a job until the midterms, which makes it seem like he’s only keeping Sessions around for political expediency. https://t.co/BjGrGh3gt0
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) August 30, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by Bloomberg, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott