BREAKING: Trump issues statement on option of declaring national emergency
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Friday suggested he might hold off on declaring a national emergency to circumvent Congress and begin building his long-promised border wall, at least for the time being.
Trump told reporters at the White House that he has the authority to make an emergency declaration to jump-start wall construction, but said, “I’m not going to do it so fast.”
The president reiterated that he prefers to work out a deal with Democrats in Congress, even though no agreement appears to be in sight after the partial government shutdown stretched into its 21st day.
“We want Congress to do its job,” the president said Friday. “What we’re not looking to do right now is national emergency.”
NEW: Pres. Trump calls declaring a national emergency the “easy way out.”
— ABC News (@ABC) January 11, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday