BREAKING: Trump Jr. reaches deal to testify with Senate Intelligence
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Donald Trump Jr. has struck a last minute deal to comply with a subpoena from the Senate Intelligence Committee.
The two sides have been at odds over the length and scope of the interview, raising questions about whether Trump Jr. would defy the subpoena and be held in contempt of Congress.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the terms of the deal, Trump Jr. will sit for an interview some time in mid-June for between two and four hours, with the scope limited to five or six topics pertaining to his communications with Russian officials.
This will be the last time Trump Jr. has to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, according to the terms of the deal.
The agreement ends a standoff between Trump Jr. and Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.), which had split Republicans in the Senate.
Per terms of deal with Senate Intel, Don Jr. will sit for interview in mid-June lasting 2-4 hours, with the scope limited to 5-6 topics pertaining to communications with Russian officials. Will be last time panel can call him to testify (via @JonEasley)https://t.co/f03dWt4Qw7
— Jordan Fabian (@Jordanfabian) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy