BREAKING: Two GOP Senators back mandatory E-Verify, promise to introduce legislation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Arkansas Republicans Sens. Tom Cotton and John Boozman both publicly supported nationwide, mandatory implementation of E-Verify in interviews released Friday.
Speaking to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, both senators argued that the system would do a great deal to discourage illegal immigration by punishing those who employ illegal immigrants.
The article goes on to state the following:
“If we had a nationwide mandatory E-Verify [system], the word would get out pretty quickly to those countries whose citizens right now are streaming across our border,” Cotton said. “If they learn in their home countries that every job they pursue, there’s going to be an effective and immediate electronic verification system, they’ll be less likely to cheat the system and come here in the first place; more likely to do the right thing and … seek to come here either on a visa or to get a green card.”
E-Verify is, according to its website, “a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.” Specifically, the system allows employers to quickly match a would-be employee’s I-9 form against citizenship and work eligibility data from the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security.
EXCLUSIVE NOTE FROM DML NEWS: After the interview with the Arkansas Democrat Gazette was published, Cotton announced in a Twitter post Friday, “Looking forward to working with my colleagues to introduce legislation that will make e-verify mandatory for all employers.”
Looking forward to working with my colleagues to introduce legislation that will make e-verify mandatory for all employers. https://t.co/5tluCh0jTt
— Tom Cotton (@SenTomCotton) January 11, 2019
Boozman, Cotton say a mandatory electronic employment verification system would slow the flood of illegal immigration into the United States »https://t.co/VKMOU7QgL1
— AR Democrat-Gazette (@ArkansasOnline) January 11, 2019
While President Donald Trump is making his case for a wall along the country’s southern border, U.S. Sens. Tom Cotton and John Boozman, both Republicans from Arkansas, tout a smaller, simpler, high-tech immigration fix ➤ https://t.co/QnsklHcH35 via @TxkGazette
— Texarkana Gazette (@TxkGazette) January 11, 2019
GOP Senators Back Mandatory E-Verify https://t.co/EB1RgKNdW8
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Middle Eastern Women’s Group Blasts Fox News Over Dumping Judge Jeanine