BREAKING: U.S. appeals court issues ruling on DACA immigration program
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – A U.S. appeals court in California ruled on Thursday that President Donald Trump’s administration must continue a program begun under former President Barack Obama that protects hundreds of thousands of immigrants who were brought into the country illegally as children.
The decision by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals preserves the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program introduced in 2012 that has shielded from deportation a group of immigrants dubbed “Dreamers” and given them work permits, though not a path to citizenship.
The article goes on to state the following:
The ruling represented another legal defeat for Trump over DACA, although he has won court victories on other parts of his hardline immigration policies.
On Monday, his administration asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review a federal judge’s January decision to block Trump from ending the program even before the 9th Circuit had weighed in, an unusually aggressive move in terms of procedure.
CLICK HERE to view the ruling.
U.S. appeals court rules against Trump on DACA immigration program https://t.co/6f7ICdniYj
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) November 8, 2018
Dreamers prevail in the first U.S. appeals court showdown over the Trump administration’s move to do away with DACA https://t.co/dkXXexTEkM
— Bloomberg (@business) November 8, 2018
BREAKING: US appeals court won’t immediately let Trump end Obama-era program shielding young immigrants from deportation. https://t.co/MiJG3lSGMU
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 8, 2018
Trending on DML News
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- REPORT: Judge’s Description of Epstein in 33-Page Opinion is Stunning
- BREAKING: Teen found wandering in Kentucky says he’s the boy who vanished almost 8 years ago
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling
- BREAKING: Iran ‘seizes British-flagged oil tanker’
- POLL: Dems unleash on Trump – Can his presidency survive?