BREAKING: US intelligence tells Washington Post who it was that ordered detention of journalist
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman ordered an operation to detain missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi after luring him back to Saudi Arabia, U.S. intelligence revealed, according to The Washington Post.
U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity told The Post that Salman and other Saudi officials tried to get Khashoggi to return to Saudi Arabia, where he is from, with offers of government employment and protection.
The article goes on to state the following:
The officials said the intelligence further ties the Saudi government to Khashoggi’s disappearance at a Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey.
Turkish police have said that Khashoggi was likely killed by a Saudi security team when he visited the consulate last week.
Saudi officials have denied they had anything to do with his appearance, and Salman in an interview last week invited Turkish authorities to search the consulate.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance