BREAKING: Virginia Dems call on Fairfax to resign following sexual assault allegations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Virginia Democratic Party on Friday called on Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) to resign after two women came forward this week to accuse him of sexual assault.
“Due to the serious nature of these allegations, we believe Lieutenant Governor Fairfax can no longer fulfill his duties to the Commonwealth,” state Democrats wrote in a statement late Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He needs to address this as a private citizen. The time has come for him to step down,” they added.
Democrats call on Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax to resign after second woman accuses him of sexual assault https://t.co/FEyefR0IMg
— Beau Berman (@BeauWTAE) February 9, 2019
Democrats in Virginia’s state House and Senate call for the resignation of Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who faces sexual assault allegations from two women. https://t.co/Bs8W0heOrZ
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy