BREAKING: Virginia Dems call on Fairfax to resign following sexual assault allegations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Virginia Democratic Party on Friday called on Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) to resign after two women came forward this week to accuse him of sexual assault.
“Due to the serious nature of these allegations, we believe Lieutenant Governor Fairfax can no longer fulfill his duties to the Commonwealth,” state Democrats wrote in a statement late Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He needs to address this as a private citizen. The time has come for him to step down,” they added.
Democrats call on Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax to resign after second woman accuses him of sexual assault https://t.co/FEyefR0IMg
— Beau Berman (@BeauWTAE) February 9, 2019
Democrats in Virginia’s state House and Senate call for the resignation of Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who faces sexual assault allegations from two women. https://t.co/Bs8W0heOrZ
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland