BREAKING: Winner announced in Florida’s heated Senate race between Rick Scott and incumbent Bill Nelson
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by VOX.COM:
Republican Rick Scott, running for Senate after two terms as Florida governor, beat Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson in 2018’s most expensive Senate race, boosting the GOP’s odds of expanding their Senate majority.
Scott used a huge amount of campaign cash — much of it his own — and his position as a Washington outsider to beat Nelson, a relatively popular incumbent who nevertheless failed to inspire much excitement in a campaign year when Democrats were energized in many races across the country. Scott’s spending advantage helped him build an early polling lead, and Nelson was never quite able to close the gap.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nelson was one of 10 Senate Democrats running for reelection in a state Donald Trump won in 2016. Trump loomed large over the race in Florida: Scott had initially associated himself closely with the president but later tried to put some distance between them on issues like Puerto Rico, where the president suggested that the death toll after Hurricane Maria had been exaggerated.
BREAKING: Decision Desk HQ reports that Republican Rick Scott has won Florida’s Senate race, defeating Democratic Senator Bill Nelson and giving the Republicans another Senate seat
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) November 7, 2018
— Carlos Lopez-Cantera (@LopezCantera) November 7, 2018
Another giant win for Republicans, Rick Scott has flipped the Florida Senate seat away from Democrat Bill Nelson. Republicans win the Senate and Governor races in Florida. Democrats strikeout on the big races in Florida again. #ElectionNight #Midterm2018
— Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) November 7, 2018
Republican Gov. Rick Scott has won the race for Senate in Florida.
— Vox (@voxdotcom) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit VOX.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting VOX.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote