BREAKING: Winner declared in hotly contested Montana Senate race
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., defeated Republican state Auditor Matt Rosendale in Montana’s Senate election, edging out a victory in a race that Republicans had hoped would swing in their favor.
The Associated Press called the race for Tester Wednesday afternoon after initial ballot-tallying left the outcome of the office undecided. Tester emerged with 49 percent, or 218,145 votes, to Rosendale’s 48 percent, or 213,934 votes, in unofficial totals.
Tester’s win leaves one outstanding Senate race to be decided, in Arizona, where Republican Rep. Martha McSally narrowly leads Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema for an open seat. Tester’s win leaves Democrats with 47 seats in the 100-member Senate.
The article goes on to state the following:
President Donald Trump stumped for Rosendale and GOP candidates in Montana last weekend just days before voters head to the ballot box. In total, Trump stepped foot in the state on four separate occasions to campaign for Rosendale. Vice President Mike Pence, the president’s eldest son, Don Jr., and GOP Sens. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and Lindsay Graham, R-S.C., also campaigned in the state.
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) November 7, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 7, 2018
JUST IN: Montana Democratic Sen. Jon Tester has been re-elected to the U.S. Senate, defeating Republican challenger Matt Rosendale. This will be Tester’s third term in the Senate. https://t.co/QF15MHa8Bu pic.twitter.com/L5SwgVWNjX
— ABC News (@ABC) November 7, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Judge’s Description of Epstein in 33-Page Opinion is Stunning
- BREAKING: Teen found wandering in Kentucky says he’s the boy who vanished almost 8 years ago
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling
- BREAKING: Iran ‘seizes British-flagged oil tanker’