BREAKING: Winner declared in hotly contested Montana Senate race
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., defeated Republican state Auditor Matt Rosendale in Montana’s Senate election, edging out a victory in a race that Republicans had hoped would swing in their favor.
The Associated Press called the race for Tester Wednesday afternoon after initial ballot-tallying left the outcome of the office undecided. Tester emerged with 49 percent, or 218,145 votes, to Rosendale’s 48 percent, or 213,934 votes, in unofficial totals.
Tester’s win leaves one outstanding Senate race to be decided, in Arizona, where Republican Rep. Martha McSally narrowly leads Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema for an open seat. Tester’s win leaves Democrats with 47 seats in the 100-member Senate.
The article goes on to state the following:
President Donald Trump stumped for Rosendale and GOP candidates in Montana last weekend just days before voters head to the ballot box. In total, Trump stepped foot in the state on four separate occasions to campaign for Rosendale. Vice President Mike Pence, the president’s eldest son, Don Jr., and GOP Sens. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and Lindsay Graham, R-S.C., also campaigned in the state.
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) November 7, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 7, 2018
JUST IN: Montana Democratic Sen. Jon Tester has been re-elected to the U.S. Senate, defeating Republican challenger Matt Rosendale. This will be Tester’s third term in the Senate. https://t.co/QF15MHa8Bu pic.twitter.com/L5SwgVWNjX
— ABC News (@ABC) November 7, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…