BREAKING: Winner Named in North Carolina Special Election for Ninth Congressional District
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
[Dan] Bishop, a state senator, defeated Democrat Dan McCready with 50.47 percent of the vote compared to McCready’s 48.9 percent, with 86% of the vote counted, after millions of dollars were spent on this election. This comes after one of the largest pro-Trump super PACs backed Bishop in the special election, spending over $200,000 in independent expenditures on the Bishop campaign.
The North Carolina Republican also had both President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence visit the district to campaign on behalf of Bishop. Trump sent out multiple tweets endorsing Bishop on election day, telling voters in the district to get out and vote.
The article goes on to state the following:
McCready came under fire after he accused Bishop of having no faith in public schools, however, the North Carolina Democrat sends his children to an $18,000 a year private school.
Republican Greg Murphy, a state representative, won the other special election race Tuesday, for North Carolina’s third District. His win was projected.
President Donald J. Trump tweeted, “Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago. He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN & @MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and to talent out. Stay tuned!”
Meanwhile, Decision Desk HQ tweeted, “We have seen enough. We are calling the #NC09 special election for the Republican, Dan Bishop.”
Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago. He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN & @MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and to talent out. Stay tuned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2019
Projection: Dan Bishop (R) defeats Dan McCready (D) in #NC09. GOP hold.
— Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) September 11, 2019
— Decision Desk HQ (@DecisionDeskHQ) September 11, 2019
🚨 BREAKING: @DecisionDeskHQ has called the special election in North Carolina’s 9th Congression District for Republican Dan Bishop.
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 11, 2019
BREAKING: Dan Bishop narrowly wins North Carolina’s 9th Congressional Districthttps://t.co/0vedbvDSZn
— POLITICO (@politico) September 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Warren issues response to letter from Native American tribes [READ THE LETTER]
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested